We sometimes get email or posts from our players asking for a little info on how the Power Cards in MindSports Football work! A quick overview of how Power Cards are acquired and how they are used is explained here.
You can increase your chances of winning by using Power Cards. One Power Card is given to you at the start and each time you join a new favorite team. Each of those Cards comes fully loaded with five free Plays. Additional Power Cards and Plays can be earned or purchased for SmartChips within the game.
Power Cards can be used to activate these special features:
- Add :10 – Adds 10 seconds to the Play Clock
- Add :15 – Adds 15 seconds to the Play Clock
- Add :20 – Adds 20 seconds to the Play Clock
- Knockout 1 – Removes one incorrect answer
- Knockout 2 – Removes two incorrect answers
- Most Popular – Shows the most often guessed answers
- Skip Question – Reloads a new question and new Play Clock
- Points X2 – Multiplies points earned for that question by two
- Points X5 – Multiplies points earned for that question by five
- Free Pass – Automatically advance to next round (Pregame - Disabled in Championship)
Every time a Power Card is used, one Play is reduced from the total on that Card. When your Power Card has no Plays remaining, it remains in your Power Card Inventory, but it is not available for use in the game until it is reloaded with new Plays.
Also note there are some Power Cards you’ll see that have “Coming Soon” over them! These Power Cards have not yet been released in MindSports Football, but will be available soon!